At American Tri-Star Insurance, we know that owning a car can be expensive. So to help you save, we have created a list of the most important preventative maintenance measures that will save you a lot of money down the road. Your car’s service manual is the best place to look for a specific maintenance schedule, but here are the basics that every automobile owner should follow:
- Now is the time to change your windshield wipers. As winter and the rainy season approaches it’s important that you have fresh blades on your car so that you see the road clearly. They should be changed at least once again in the spring.
- Get you oil changed, but not necessarily every 3,000 miles. Modern technology has advanced allowing less frequent oil changes. Check your car’s service manual to see what the actual oil change interval is.
- Check your tires. Checking your tire inflation is essential to make sure they’re working properly and to avoid a tire blowout while you’re driving. Again, your service manual will have information on what your particular car’s tire pressure should be.
- Are your brake pads making a rubbing or high-pitched noise? It’s time to get them changed. Most brake pads need to be changed once a year but it depends on the type of brake pads you use and how many miles you drive.
- Check all the following under-the-hood fluids every other month: engine, transmission, radiator/cooling system, brakes, battery, window washer, and air conditioner.
By conducting these regular maintenance checks you could save thousands of dollars in serious repairs while also prolonging the life of your car. If you really want to make sure your taking good care of your vehicle then getting cheap car insurance in San Diego is also a must.
Looking for cheap, yet reliable car insurance in San Diego? Get a free auto insurance quote from American Tri-Star Insurance in San Diego. You can also call 619-827-0522 if you have any questions and would like to speak with one of our insurance specialists.