Like to drive fast? Don’t risk your chances of getting a hefty ticket or possible jail time for illegal street racing; instead head down to Qualcomm Stadium where they hold legal racing events twice a month! Race Legal, which was formed in 1998 by an SDSU professor, has continued to grow in popularity as a fun alternative to illegal street racing.
All drivers must provide a valid driver’s license and registration and if you’re driving your car to the track make sure you are backed up by a reliable San Diego car insurance policy. Auto and motorcycle participants also need to check the Race Legal website for information on specific racing requirements.
So, here’s a little bit about the event:
- Everything is legal! Local police officers even race at some events.
- The 1/8th mile-long track is built for auto and motorcycle drag races, but occasionally drifting tracks are set up also.
- Gates open at 6 pm, racing starts at 6:30 pm, everything shuts down at 12 am.
- Racing fee is $30, spectator fee is $10.
- Properly mounted NOS is allowed!
- No alcohol allowed on the premises but tailgating is encouraged.
- No need to sign up in advance.
- Many car clubs come to show off their rides and watch the racing.
The next upcoming races are on October 18th and 25th and the highly anticipated AWD War Games will go down on November 1. Be sure to get your auto or San Diego motorcycle insurance before you burn rubber at the upcoming races so you don’t get a ticket on your way out of the stadium.
If you need cheap insurance fast, the affordable and reliable American TriStar Insurance conveniently has four offices throughout San Diego. Click here for an online auto insurance quote for San Diego or contact us by at 619-272-2100.