Planning a family vacation or business trip? Don’t leave home without purchasing travel insurance. The trusted agents at American Tri-Star Insurance Services are here to explain why buying the added coverage can benefit you before your flight or cruise.
What Is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is important because it reimburses a person for any losses suffered on a single trip. Various items and situations can be covered under a traveler’s insurance policy, including the following:
- Accidents suffered by members of the family while traveling
- Emergency assistance required during a trip
- Reimbursement of ticket fares in the event of a cancelation
- Loss or misplacement of baggage
- Reimbursement for delayed arrival of baggage
- Reimbursement for expenses incurred due to travel delays
Is It Worth the Extra Money?
You may wonder if travel insurance is worth the cost, and the simple answer is yes. Review the benefits of insuring your vacation or business trip below.
- If you are investing in an international flight or cruise, the added cost of travel insurance is minor compared the loss that may occur if something disrupts your travel plans. If you’re bringing small children, this is especially important.
- Travel insurance is not always cheap, but there are ways to purchase it for a more reasonable price. If you are a member of AARP, AAA, or even USAA, discounted premiums on travel insurance are available. This should reduce the financial burden, which is a common argument against travel insurance.
- Anyone who has taken the family on vacation is familiar with unexpected delays and complications. Getting coverage for any unanticipated issues will give you some peace of mind.
As Always: Buyer Beware
As with other types of insurance, not all travel insurance policies are created equal. Make sure you read the policy for specific exclusions. In the end, you’ll feel better knowing you and your family are protected.
If you need help choosing your travel, auto, or San Diego health insurance, call our knowledgeable agents at American Tri-Star Insurance. Our team of experts can provide excellent customer service while meeting your financial needs. Contact us today at 619-272-2100 for your free no-obligation quote!